Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
We have had a great week at St. Joseph’s. The students are in the swing of things after returning from Christmas Break. Our students will be finishing up MAP testing next week. Just a reminder, we do not have school on Monday, January 18th in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Morning Drop Off
It has come to our attention that there is some congestion in front of and around the school at morning drop off that poses a student safety issue. Please use the space in front of the cathedral for drop off only, do not park there. In addition, please do not block the crosswalk or the streets.
Re-Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year
If you have a child who will be entering kindergarten next school year, please remember that they have priority because of siblings but you still must apply. We already have 28 on our list and can accept 44. Please submit a New Student Application to enroll your kindergarten student. We will begin re-enrolling our current students at the end of January. It looks like we will have waiting lists in many grades. Please call or email Annie Granvall firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
In our 2nd week of second semester, we have not had any students test positive for COVID-19. Thank you to all our St. Joseph’s families for helping us keep our school open and our illness numbers very low.
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s HERE.
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Request that you limit exposure over the next month to immediate family – avoid sleep overs or group gatherings.
- We have a 7-day travel quarantine in place if you travel out of state.
- Please consider the health and safety or our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – all people on our school campus must wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance when with others
- See Illness Decision Tree for Schools
We had Mass on Tuesday morning with our 2nd and 3rd grade students attending in person. On Tuesday, January 19th our 5th and 7th grade students will attend in person. Mass will be livestreamed (private link) for those students not attending in person. Mass dress is required for those attending Mass in person.
#BravelyGiveToday Fundraising Drive
During this unprecedented school year, we are unable to have our usual fundraising events that help us keep tuition increases minimal. To date, our school community has donated $119,073 – we are so grateful for your support! Our goal is to reach $250,000 and 100% family participation. Please give what you can during this time. Remember that monetary donations are tax deductible.
Thank you for partnering with us as we educate our students in a positive, Catholic environment. We appreciate you!
St. Joseph’s Catholic School