Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
We had another great week at St. Joseph’s – it is great to see all the learning that is happening in our wonderful school. I will be starting formal teacher evaluations/observations next week. This will run through May. We use the Danielson Framework in this process – it is a good tool and promotes a growth mindset!
Last weekend, many of our St. Joseph’s faculty and staff were able to get the first COVID vaccine. This is a good step forward in dealing with the pandemic.
We had our School Advisory Board Meeting last night – we will be finalizing tuition and fees for the 2021-2022 school year early next week and will send out an email communication with that information.
Re-Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year
If you have a child who will be entering kindergarten next school year, please remember that while they have priority because of having currently enrolled siblings, you still must apply. We have 35 on our list and can only accept 44. Please complete a New Student Application to enroll your kindergarten student. We will begin re-enrolling our current students at the end of January. It looks like we will have waiting lists in many grades. We currently have 396 students enrolled! Please call Annie Granvall in the front office or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
In our 3rd week of second semester, we have one student test positive for COVID-19. That student has not been in school for over a week, so no contact tracing was necessary. Thank you to all our St. Joseph’s families for helping us keep our school open and our illness numbers very low.
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s HERE.
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Request that you limit exposure over the next month to immediate family – avoid sleep overs or group gatherings.
- We have a 7-day travel quarantine in place if you travel out of state.
- Please consider the health and safety or our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – all people on our school campus must wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance when with others
- see Illness Decision Tree for Schools
I want to thank you for your patience as we worked through this during the week.
We will not be offering distance learning for the remainder of the school year with a few exceptions. Those students who are in quarantine due to COVID exposure, who have tested positive or who are awaiting test results may log in to classes if that is currently offered for that grade level.
- Students who are home sick (including their siblings) may also log in as we are asking our families cooperation with this.
- If you choose to travel, upon your return you must quarantine for 7 days before returning to school – distance learning will not be available.
- All other absences will be treated as regular absences and work can be completed after returning to school.
We had Mass on Tuesday morning with our 6th and 7th grade students attending in person. On Tuesday, January 26th our 4th and 5th grade students will attend in person. Mass will be livestreamed (private link) for those students not attending in person. Mass dress is required for those attending Mass in person.
#BravelyGiveToday – Fundraising Drive
During this unprecedented school year, we are unable to have our usual fundraising events that help us keep tuition increases minimal. To date, our school community has donated $119,073 – we are so grateful for your support! Our goal is to reach $250,000 and 100% family participation. Over the past few years, we have averaged about $150,00. Please give what you can during this time. Remember that monetary donations are tax deductible.
We are grateful for your continued trust and support of our wonderful school. Thank you for partnering with us!