Dear St. Joseph’s Families,
Happy Thursday to All! We are in the second week of Advent and the focus this week is Hope! Advent is a special time that we prepare the way of the Lord and eagerly await the Light of Christ to enter our lives.
Mrs. Candy Vieira, one of our 5th grade teachers will be leaving St. Joseph’s at the end of December. Mrs. Vieira’s husband had to leave the area for employment purposes and she and her daughter will be joining him after 2nd quarter is over. Candy will be missed here at St. Joe’s. Her smile and enthusiasm for teaching have been a bright spot not only for her students but for our faculty and staff as well.
Mrs. Brittany O’Brien will be joining our St. Joe’s team to step into the 5th grade spot. Brittany comes to us with a Master’s degree in Education and six years of teaching experience; five of those years were in a 4th and 5th grade setting. Please join me in welcoming Mrs. O’Brien to our St. Joe’s family.
In our 17th week of school, we have not had any students test positive for COVID-19. Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s HERE.
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Request that you limit exposure over the next month to immediate family – avoid sleep overs or group gatherings
- Please consider the health and safety of our faculty and staff – we have several faculty members who are caring for elderly family members
- Please consider the health and safety or our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – all people on our school campus must wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance when with others
- See Illness Decision Tree for Schools
November 30th – December 18th
Currently, we have 17% of our students in distance learning. If your child is distance learning – please pick up or drop off materials and assignments from 8:15-3:00 Monday-Friday or days designated by the teacher.
There are 31 students in kindergarten-5th grades and 37 students in 6th-8th grades who are distance learning. This adds quite a bit of work for our teachers in these already demanding times.
Friday, December 18th is a noon dismissal. After school care will not be available. Lunch will not be served. On that day, we will dismiss in this staggered format:
- K-2nd grade – dismissed at 11:55
- 3rd-5th – dismissed at 12:00
- 6th-8th – dismissed at 12:05
We had Mass on Tuesday morning- the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception- with our 6th and 7th grade students attending in person. On Tuesday, December 15th, our 4th and 5th grade students will attend in person. Mass will be livestreamed (private link) for those students not attending in person. Mass dress is required for those attending Mass in person.
To date, our school community has donated $78,163 – we appreciate your support! Ways to donate- You can write a check to the school, you can submit a payment online – the school pays a small transaction fee for this method, or you can email Anita Miller an amount you would like to donate and it can appear on your bill – we can accept monthly payments if that helps. Remember that monetary donations are tax deductible.
Parents, please notify the front office if your child will be absent for any reason. We need this information to continue to track daily absence rates. Mrs. Granvall’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for partnering with us in your child’s Catholic education.
St. Joseph’s Catholic School