Good afternoon St Joseph’s Families,
I hope you and your family are experiencing the beauty of our Advent Season. The lighting of the third candle this week symbolizes Joy.
Christmas Colors/Christmas Sweaters!
Tomorrow is our last day of school before Christmas Break! We want to make it a festive day – It is a half day with a staggered, noon release time. Students may wear a Christmas sweater or red and green. Students cannot wear sweats or pajamas. Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!
Friday, December 18th is a noon dismissal. After school care will not be available. Lunch will not be served. On that day, we will dismiss in this staggered format:
- K-2nd grade – dismissed at 11:55
- 3rd-5th – dismissed at 12:00
- 6th-8th – dismissed at 12:05
In our 18th week of school, we had one student test positive for COVID-19.
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s HERE.
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Request that you limit exposure over the next month to immediate family – avoid sleep overs or group gatherings.
- Please consider the health and safety of our faculty and staff – we have several faculty members who are caring for elderly family members
- Please consider the health and safety or our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – all people on our school campus must wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance when with others
- see Illness Decision Tree for Schools
January 5th – 8th – A few minor adjustments to start and stop times
Please see the email I sent to all our St Joseph’s families yesterday. We are asking students to return to in-person learning on Tuesday, January 5th. There are some exceptions – we are also implementing an extended quarantine time after traveling– 7 days.
- Full, in-person learning Tuesday-Friday
- Here are the scheduled start and stop times:
Kindergarten – 2nd grade
- K-2nd grade window for drop off is 7:40 -7:55 – class begins at 7:55
- We will begin going into the building at 7:50
- K-2nd grade school day will end at 1:55
3rd grade – 5th grade
- 3rd-5th grade window for drop off is 7:45 -8:00 – class begins at 8:00
- We will begin going into the building at 7:55
- 3rd-5th grade school day will end at 2:00
6th grade – 8th grade
- 6th-8th grade window for drop off is 7:55-8:05 – class begins at 8:05
- We will begin going into the building at 8:00
- 6th-8th grade school day will end at 2:10
Supervision will be available for those families with multiple children in differing grade levels.
We had Mass on Tuesday morning with our 4th and 5th grade students attending in person. On Tuesday, January 5th, our 1st and 8th grade students will attend in person. Mass will be livestreamed (private link) for those students not attending in person. Since students do not have school on Monday, please help your 1st and 8th grade child remember to wear Mass dress that day.
Here is an update on money donated for our fund-raising effort, our school community has donated $94,692– we are so grateful for your support! We would like to reach 100% family participation – giving what you can during this time. Ways to donate- You can write a check to the school, you can submit a payment online – the school pays a small transaction fee for this method, or you can email Anita Miller an amount you would like to donate, and it can appear on your bill – we can accept monthly payments if that helps. Remember that monetary donations are tax deductible.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Break! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. Thank you for being a part of our St. Joseph’s Catholic School Family! We look forward to seeing you in the 2021!