Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
I hope you are enjoying our last days of winter! I have continued teacher observations this week. It is a privilege to be able to observe the learning that is happening at St. Joseph’s; I observed creating Arc graphs in English and creating line plots in 2nd grade. Our teachers are doing an amazing job engaging our students and helping them grow spiritually and academically. We are all blessed by our faculty and staff’s dedication, caring and professionalism!
We are finishing up our first week of Lent. May we all be blessed with God’s grace during our Lenten journeys.
- Tuesday, March 2nd – 2nd and 3rd grades will attend Mass in person at 8:15. Mrs. Skinner’s 3rd grade class will host Mass. Mass dress is required for those attending Mass in person.
Here is prayer for you continue your Lenten Journey:
As we continue to evaluate our procedures put in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we will be making some adjustments. Because the numbers have gone down significantly across the country, we will lift the travel quarantine beginning Monday, March 1st. We will continue to monitor and adjust as we see best for the health and safety of our school community. Thank you all for your support and patience!
- We are lifting the travel quarantine beginning March 1st
- 2021-22 Open Enrollment has begun for interested new families
- Friday, February 26th is a Teacher workday – no students
- If your child is arriving late after 8:10 or you are checking them out early, a parent must come to the office to sign them in or out.
- Middle School will begin eating outside next week (as long as the weather stays nice)
News from the last two weeks – still important . . .
TVCS Middle School spring Sports will begin March 29th – please see the information in this week’s communication.
Hiring for the 2021-2022 School Year
For the 2021-2022 school year, St. Joe’s will be hiring a music teacher and Development/Marketing Director. These jobs are posted on our school website, the Diocesan website and nationally through NCEA – National Catholic Education Association. If you know of someone who would be a great fit for our school, please refer them to one of these sites.
Tuition and Fees for 2021-2022
Tuition and fees have been set for next school year:
- Fees are $400 per student
- Tuition – Practicing Catholic is $,4990 and Non-Catholic tuition is $6,328
- Our cost to educate is $6,408.84
#BravelyGiveToday Fundraising Drive
To date, our school community has donated $128,772– we are so grateful for your support! Our goal is to reach $250,000 and 100% family participation. Currently, 30% of our families have donated. Over the past few years, we have averaged about $150,000. Please give what you can during this time. Remember that monetary donations are tax deductible. In addition, we are not requiring volunteer hours this school year due to COVID-19- with this, please donate to our fund-raising effort this year.
In our 8th week of second semester, we have zero positive cases of COVID-19. Thank you to all our St. Joseph’s families for helping us keep our school open and our illness numbers low.
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s HERE.
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Request that you limit exposure over the next month to immediate family – avoid sleep overs or group gatherings.
- Please consider the health and safety or our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – all people on our school campus must wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance when with others
- See Illness Decision Tree for Schools
We will not be offering distance learning for the remainder of the school year with a few exceptions. Those students who are in quarantine due to COVID exposure or who have tested positive may log in to classes if that is currently offered for that grade level.
- Students who are home sick (including their siblings) may also log in as we are asking our families cooperation with this.
- If you choose to travel– joining a live streamed class will not be available.
All other absences will be treated as regular absence and work can be completed after returning to school.
Thank you for your continued partnership with us as we guide our students in faith and learning!