Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
Our in-person learning plan is working and our students are learning and growing in faith, learning and social interaction – what a blessing! It seems like some families are still not aware of our illness protocols – please read the bulletin carefully – there is illness information at the beginning of the bulletin and all information is also included in my newsletter under the COVID heading. We appreciate you partnering with us to keep our St. Joseph’s community healthy! Next week, most of the faculty and staff get the second vaccine for COVID-19.
Please make sure your child has a backup/spare mask in their backpack.
Catholic Schools Week
We have had a great Catholic Schools Week! On Saturday, January 30th, we kicked off Catholic Schools Week – Mrs. Patrick’s 3rd grade class hosted Mass. We have partnered with the Women and Children’s alliance for our charity – thank you families for your generosity as we give back to those in need. Tomorrow is the All Idaho Catholic Schools Mass in the Cathedral – what a blessing that we get to host this event and it is especially appropriate as this is the year of St. Joseph! A big thank you to Katie Patrick for taking the lead on organizing a great Catholic Schools Week for St. Joseph’s! Please see announcements posted on our St. Joseph’s Facebook Page .
Re-Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year
We have begun re-enrolling our current St. Joseph’s students for the 2021-2022 school year. The link to enroll was sent to all primary contacts on Monday, Feb. 1st. Current families will have through February 21st to re-enroll. If you have a child who will be entering kindergarten next school year, please remember that while they have priority because of siblings you still must apply by completing a New Student Application. We have 42 students on our kindergarten list and can accept 44. We currently have a waitlist for the 2021-2022 school year in every class except 4th grade.
Please call Annie Granvall in the front office if you have any questions or email her at email@example.com.
Tuition and Fees for 2021-2022
Tuition and fees have been set for next school year:
- Fees are $400 per student
- Tuition – Practicing Catholic is $4990 and Non-Catholic tuition is $6,328
- Our cost to educate is $6,408.84
In our 5th week of second semester, we have two students who have tested positive for COVID-19. Thank you to all our St. Joseph’s families for helping us keep our school open and our illness numbers low.
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s HERE.
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Request that you limit exposure over the next month to immediate family – avoid sleep overs or group gatherings.
- We have a 3-day travel quarantine in place if you travel out of state.
- Please consider the health and safety or our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – all people on our school campus must wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance when with others
- see Illness Decision Tree for Schools
We will not be offering distance learning for the remainder of the school year with a few exceptions. Those students who are in quarantine due to COVID exposure or who have tested positive may log in to classes if that is currently offered for that grade level.
- Students who are home sick (including their siblings) may also log in as we are asking our families cooperation with this.
- If you choose to travel– joining a live streamed class will not be available.
All other absences will be treated as regular absence and work can be completed after returning to school.
#BravelyGiveToday Fundraising Drive
To date, our school community has donated $125,473 – we are so grateful for your support! Our goal is to reach $250,000 and 100% family participation. Right now, 29% of our families have donated. Over the past few years, we have averaged about $150,000. Please prayerfully consider what you can give during this time. Remember that monetary donations are tax deductible.
As we finish up a fantastic Catholic Schools week, here is a prayer of gratitude –
Thank you for partnering with us– we are so grateful for all of you. Together, we can continue to provide an excellent Catholic education at St. Joseph’s!
Yours for Excellence in Catholic Education,