Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
Happy Thursday to all! This has been a wonderful Teacher Appreciation Week – thank you to all for recognizing our teachers and all they have done this year! We have three weeks left in the school year and we are continuing to teach important content and skills. We began MAP testing with our 2nd – 8th grade students (please see more information below). If possible, please do not schedule appointments during the school day.
Living our Faith
We had May Crowning of Mary on Tuesday at Mass. Our 8th, 2nd and kindergarten students were present in the cathedral. It was such a beautiful Mass!
May is the month we honor of Blessed Mother Mary:
Tuesday, May 11th is our school Mass day with our 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students in the Cathedral. We will maintain 3ft social distancing.
Monday, May 3rd through Thursday, May 13th our 2nd – 8th grade students will be taking the MAP test. The MAP assessment measures achievement and growth in math, reading, language usage, and science. The results of this test help us determine academic growth made throughout the year. St. Joseph’s students continually score well above the national and state average in all areas. Please make sure your student gets plenty of rest and eats a good breakfast including protein– this helps improve brain function and focus! Here is the testing schedule for the next two weeks:
- 2nd grade schedule: Wed., May 5th – Reading; Mon., May 10th – Language; Thurs. May 13th – Math
- 3rd grade schedule – Tues., May 4th – Reading; Fri., May 7th – Language; Tues. May 11th – Math
- 4th grade schedule – Mon. May 3rd – Reading; Wed. May 5th – Language; Mon., May 10th – Math
- 5th grade schedule – Tues., May 4th – Science; Fri. May 7th – Language; Mon. May 10th – Reading; Thurs., May 13th – Math
- Middle School schedule – Mon., May 3rd – Reading; Wed. May 5th – Language; Fri., May 7th -Math; 7th grade – Mon. May 10th – Science
School Fun Run – May 14th
Pledges are coming in for the St. Joseph’s Fun Run which is on May 14th! This has always been a tradition here at St. Joe’s and we want the kids to have some fun! We are in need of Parent Volunteers for this event – please click here to sign up. We have a matching donor for all pledges – all donations will go to fund our Playtopia – playground remodel! Please look for more details in this week’s school bulletin.
St. Joseph’s Advisory School Board Elected Position
The St. Joseph’s Catholic School Advisory School Board is holding an election for two positions on the board. The standard term is three years. Ballots are due no later than May, 14th at 3:00 pm and in a sealed envelope. One ballot per family.
Please reach out to Christy Porter at email@example.com if you are interested in summer tutoring for your child. We have a list of St. Joseph’s teachers and staff who are available over the summer. The St. Joe’s faculty and staff are familiar with our academic curriculum and can look at our MAP data and help fill in learning gaps your child may have.
We have made a few changes to our school uniform for the 2021-2022 school year. Both boys and girls will be required to have our St. Joseph’s school logo on white shirts for Mass. In addition, all boys (K-8) will be required to wear a St. Joe’s plaid tie to Mass. Also, we have added the dri-fit option for polo shirts. We have two uniform vendors, Educational Outfitters (local store here in Boise) and Land’s End.
As we finish out the school year, please remember that shorts and skirts should be no more than 3 inches above the knee. Pants and shorts need to be uniform style.
- MAP testing – May 3rd – 14th for 2nd-8th grades
- Friday, May 14th – St. Joe’s Fun Run
- Monday, May 24th – Middle School Academic Assembly and National Junior Honor Society recognition
- Tuesday, May 25th – 8th grade Graduation Mass at 2:30
- Friday, May 28th – School Mass at 8:15 – Last Day of School – 10:00 am dismissal
We will continue to monitor and adjust as we see best for the health and safety of our school community. Thank you all for your support and patience!
With three weeks left in the school year, we have zero positive cases of COVID-19. Thank you for helping us keep our school open and our illness numbers low.
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s HERE.
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
Hiring for the 2021-2022 School Year
For the 2021-2022 school year, St. Joe’s will be hiring a music teacher, a 5th grade teacher (English, Social Studies, Religion), and at one full time and one part time instructional aide. These jobs are posted on our school website and the Diocesan website. If you know of someone who would be a great fit for our school, please refer them to one of these sites.
We have hired a Director of Development and Marketing – I would like to welcome Kendall Mooney to our amazing staff! She is an enthusiastic, faith filled professional who will be able to move St. Joe’s to the next level in the area of development and marketing.
Thank you for your commitment to your child’s Catholic education. We are blessed to have your family as an integral part of our St. Joe’s community.
God Bless You!
Yours for Excellence in Catholic Education,