Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
Happy summer! I hope you and your family have been able to enjoy all that our Idaho summers have to offer! I hope you have time for relaxation, fun and enjoy the blessing of your families and friends.
Class placement was sent out late last week. This is a collaborative effort with input from the principal, teachers, counselor, and parents. Thank you to all who helped with this very important process.
To avoid the summer learning slide, please continue to have your child read each day – it is so important to keep up reading skills over the summer. In addition, it is great to have your child work on math for about 15 minutes per day.
Looking Forward to the 2021-2022 School Year
We are looking forward to the 2021-2022 school year with a return to as much normalcy as possible! St. Joseph’s Catholic School will be open in full capacity for the 2021-2022 school year. Our main focus areas:
- Our Catholic Identity
- Academic Excellence
- Our St. Joseph’s/St. John’s Community – building relationships
- The continued health and safety of our students and staff
Our school day will return to 8:00 am – 3:00 pm with morning drop off available at 7:35. Middle school will begin class at 8:00 am and finish the day at 3:05 pm. After school care will be available at 3:15. In communication from Dr. Sarah Quilici and collaboration with Fr. Mariusz, as things currently stand in relation to COVID, masks will be optional for the 2021-2022 school year. Specials will return to our St. Joseph’s schedule: Art, music, Spanish, PE and library! We will resume most volunteer opportunities as well. Of course, things will be adjusted if health and safety concerns arise.
St. Joseph’s will be going through our self study year for our school accreditation. This is an informative process where we will evaluate our school based on the National Standards and Benchmarks of Effective Elementary and Secondary Schools. We will be seeking your input and participation in this process Throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
We have had the opportunity to welcome some amazing faculty and staff to St. Joseph’s for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Michele Winchester will be teaching our 5th grade students English and Social Studies! Mrs. Winchester comes to us with over 20 years of teaching experience with most of those years being in Catholic Schools. She is an enthusiastic professional with a passion for supporting her students and helping them achieve!
- Megan Korthals will be teaching K-8th grade music. Megan comes to us with vast experience in the music world and work in the Catholic Church. She currently is leading St. John’s youth music ministry. She is a faith filled woman with a passion for music! We are looking forward to resuming our offering of music to our students!
- Brittany O’Brien will be teaching Middle School Spanish for two periods per day. Mrs. O’Brien majored in Spanish and studied abroad in Spanish speaking countries. Mrs. O’Brien did a fantastic job teaching our 5th grade students but needed to drop to a part-time position. We are pleased that she will continue sharing her expertise with us in a different capacity!
- Sue Governale will be returning to St. Joseph’s for the upcoming school year. She will be teaching middle school health on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She will also be the head librarian and will work with our K-5th grade students in that capacity.
- Karen Istok will be joining us as a full time instructional aide. Karen has been part of the St. Joseph’s community for many years. She has served on the St. Joseph’s Parent Association as well as volunteered in many capacities at St. Joseph’s.
Please join me in welcoming these individuals to our St. Joseph’s Community!
Our next communication will come to you at the beginning of August.
Happy Summer – enjoy the 4th of July and God Bless!
Thank you for being a part of our St. Joseph’s/St. John’s Catholic Community!
Yours for Excellence in Catholic Education