Dear St. Joseph’s Families,
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL! The 2020-2021 school year is going to be unique in so many ways. We are navigating each day knowing that God is with us as we embark on this journey. We must be a channel of Grace and Mercy for one another. Much prayer and preparation has been put into the start of our school year and we are excited to bring our students back in small groups the week of August 17th – 21st.
We want to be able to offer in person learning to our students throughout the year and we need your help. We all need to practice the 3 W’s both in and out of school:
- Wear a Mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance when with others
This school year, most back to school activities will need to be done differently due to COVID-19. We will not have school supply drop off as we normally did. Grade level teachers will be sending out communication on how supplies will be handled. If you ordered a school supply box, those will be available for pick up next week.
Our Back to School Night will look very different this year – it will be virtual. That will take place early in September – a date will be confirmed and sent to you in next week’s newsletter.
Mrs. Governale, our middle school PE and health teacher has decided to take a year’s leave of absence. Mr. Maxwell will be covering middle school PE.
- All people on our school campus must wear a mask
- Our St. Alphonsus Nurses recommends that students have three masks
- Please label your child’s mask and put extras in a sealable bag
- Reusable masks should be cleaned daily
- We will practice social distancing
- Students should be in our school uniform
- All parents must sign an Acknowledgment of Risk
Week of August 17th – 21st
Here is information for what the first week of school will look like:
- First – 8th grade Students should arrive at 8:30 am and be picked up at 11:00
- Student drop off and pick up – the drive through path will not be available the first three weeks of school. Please bring your child to the playground in front of the school. There will be signs by grade level. Teachers will be outside and then we will bring students into the building. You will pick your child up at the same location as drop-off.
- Chromebooks – if you do not have a device for your child, we have chromebooks available for check out.
This first week will be a great opportunity for your child to meet his or her teacher and establish that very important teacher/student relationship. We will also be reviewing and practicing safety protocols in the school. Needed materials will be handed out. Students will begin to learn about the various learning platforms and receive login information. We will have some fun too!!
We look forward to serving our St. Joseph’s community this school year. Thank you for choosing St. Joseph’s Catholic School – we are truly blessed to have you as part of our St. Joe’s Family.
Take Care and God Bless.