Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
What an amazing first week of school! It is great to have our students back at St. Joseph’s – growing in faith and learning. I have been in classrooms and see kids learning about classroom expectations, reviewing content from last year and exploring new concepts as well. Half of our students attended Mass on Tuesday and the others watched the Mass in their classrooms as it was live streamed. It is a blessing to have our specials back for our students – art, music, Spanish and PE. We are putting our school mission into action!
Important Dates to Add to your Calendar:
- Tuesday, August 24th – Back to School Night from 6:00-7:30 – begin in gym
- New Parents meet at 5:30
- Wednesday, August 25th – School Advisory Board Meeting at 5:00 PM 25 August 2021 Board Agenda
- Friday, September 3rd – Faculty workday – no school for students
- Monday, September 6th – Labor Day – no school
- Friday, September 10th – School Picture Day
Breaking news -the turf is being installed today! Thank you for your flexibility and patience as we have adjusted our drop off and pick up procedures because of the delay on our playground renovation. We will continue to adjust as needed with the hope that the project will be completed early next week.
Back to School Night
We will host our Back to School night on Tuesday, August 24th from 6:00-7:30. New families are invited to join us for a new parent informative meeting at 5:30 PM. Back to School night gives parents the opportunity to learn more about the current school year as a whole and then meet their child’s/children’s teachers and learn more about classroom expectations and curriculum. I will be sending an email on Monday morning with specific information on the format of the evening.
Volunteers at St. Joseph’s make a significant contribution to the functioning of our school At St. Joseph’s, like other Catholic schools, there is a volunteer requirement of 25 hours per year. Our St. Joseph’s Parent Association is seeking nominations for President Elect for the 2021-2022 school year. A ballot was sent out earlier today via email – please return the ballot in a sealed envelope to the school by 3:00 on Monday, August 23rd. We need to fill this important position as soon as possible.
In addition, we need a person to chair our St. Joseph’s Fall Carnival. If you are interested in helping with this upcoming, fun school event, please email Anita Miller at email@example.com.
We realize that logoed Mass shirts have not been delivered for many families. Please have your child wear a white, buttoned up shirt for Mass until the logoed shirt arrives.
Our Catholic faith is the focal point of our school and Mass is an integral part of our faith formation. On Tuesday, August 24th, 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th grades will attend Mass in the Cathedral – all other classes will watch the Mass live streamed into the classroom. Because we have made the adjustment, only half of the students are at Mass and are able to socially distance, Mass attendance is required.
At the end of next week, we will be sending out a parent survey seeking information and input on satisfaction with the start of school, required/optional masking, etc. The survey will help as we conclude the three weeks of masks being required at the beginning of school.
We will continue to monitor and adjust as needed for the health and safety of our school community. Thank you all for your support and patience as we navigate the 2021-2022 school year!
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Students may return to school with a note from their physician if there is a negative Covid test and an alternate diagnosis such as asthma, seasonal allergies, migraine
- Please consider the health and safety of our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – To begin the school year, all students, faculty, and staff are required to wear a mask while in the school building. The three-week mask requirement will be evaluated the week of August 30th
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance- socially distance when appropriate
Here is a prayer as we finish out our first week of the 2021-2022 school year:
St. Joseph’s is a school of choice – thank you for choosing St. Joe’s and entrusting your child’s Catholic education to us.