Dear St. Joseph’s Families
WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL! The 2020-2021 school year is going to be unique in so many ways. We are navigating each day knowing that God is with us as we embark on this journey. We must be a channel of Grace and Mercy for one another. Much prayer and preparation has been put into the start of our school year and it has been so great seeing our students back in small groups this week. While this is far from our traditional start to school, the advantages have been the personal interaction with the teachers and the one on one guidance through safety features throughout the building, classroom expectations and logging in to the different digital materials that are new to our students this year.
We want to be able to continue our in person learning throughout the year and we need your help. We all need to practice the 3 W’s both in and out of school:
- Wear a Mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance when with others
Our Back to School Night will look quite different this year – it will be virtual. That will take place early in September – a date will be confirmed and sent out soon.
- All people on our school campus must wear a mask
- Our St. Alphonsus Nurses recommend that students have three masks
- Please label your child’s mask and put extras in a sealable bag
- Reusable masks should be cleaned daily
- We will practice social distancing
- Students should be in our school uniform
- Acknowledgement of Risk must be completed, signed and on file with the school office
Week of August 24th – 28th
Here is information for what the second week of school will look like:
- Kindergarten – 8th grade Students should arrive at 8:30 am and be picked up at 11:00
- Student drop off and pick up – Same as week 1 – the drive through path will not be available the first three weeks of school. Please bring your child to the playground in front of the school. There will be signs by grade level. Teachers will be outside and then we will bring students into the building. You will pick your child up at the same location as drop-off.
- Chromebooks – if you do not have a device for your child, we have chrome books available for check out.
Students will be coming to the school in the same groups as week 1:
- Monday – Last names A-C
- Tuesday – Last names D-H
- Wednesday – Last names I-L
- Thursday – Last names M-R
- Friday – Last names S-Z
This second week will be an opportunity to continue our phased in approach and to do some baseline testing. We need to know where our students are academically both in math and ELA/literacy. Middle School students will be taking the MAP assessment. Students will begin to continue to practice on various learning platforms. Engaging and fun activities are planned!
After/Before School Care
Starting September 8th, we will have after care for those families who are enrolled in the afternoon session (12:30 – 3:30); aftercare will run from 3:30 – 5:30. Students should be dropped off no earlier than 7:45. We need to insure social distancing amongst our students and cannot manage a large group.
Thank you for choosing St. Joseph’s Catholic School – we are truly blessed to have you as part of our St. Joe’s Family.
Take Care and God Bless,