Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
What a great week we have had at St. Joseph’s Catholic School! Our teachers and students are really getting into the swing of things! Thank you to those of you who were able to attend our Back to School Night on Tuesday, August 24th – we had a great turn out. For those of you who were not able to make it, here is link to my presentation slides and here is the video link :Back to School Night Presentation. Please note that the video is an mp4 file and may not be accessible to some.
Important Dates to Add to your Calendar:
- Friday, September 3rd – Faculty workday – no school for students
- Monday, September 6th – Labor Day – no school
- Friday, September 10th – School Picture Day
- Tuesday, September 14th – SJPA meeting at 3:15
Our Catholic faith is the focal point of our school and Mass is an integral part of our faith formation. On Tuesday, August 31st, kindergarten, 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th grades will attend Mass in the Cathedral – all other classes will watch the Mass livestreamed into the classroom. Mass dress is required for all students and staff. Because we have made the adjustment, only half of the students are at Mass and are able to socially distance, Mass attendance is required. Parents are invited to join us at Mass.
An email was sent out this morning with a parent survey seeking information and input on satisfaction with the start of school, required/optional masking, etc. The survey will help as we conclude the three weeks of masks being required (8/16-9/3).
Breaking news! We were able to have the kids play on the playground for lunch recess today. The excitement is palpable – so exciting! While there are a few things we are still finishing up, it was great to see and hear the kids having an amazing time. Thank you for your flexibility and patience during this process. We will be doing pick up and drop off the same as the past two weeks and will make changes to drop off for Monday. We will send out a map tomorrow where each grade level will meet.
Volunteers at St. Joseph’s make a significant contribution to the functioning of our school At St. Joseph’s, there is a volunteer requirement of 25 hours per year.
We realize that logoed Mass shirts have not been delivered for many families. Please have your child wear a white, buttoned up shirt for Mass until the shirt arrives.
We will continue to monitor and adjust as needed for the health and safety of our school community. Thank you all for your support and patience as we navigate the 2021-2022 school year!
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Students may return to school with a note from their physician if there is a negative Covid test and an alternate diagnosis such as asthma, seasonal allergies, migraine
- Please consider the health and safety of our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – To begin the school year, all students, faculty, and staff are required to wear a mask while in the school building. The three-week mask requirement will be evaluated the week of August 30th
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance- socially distance when appropriate
Let us continue to support each other with grace, patience and understanding.
We know you have many choices in education – thank you for entrusting your child’s Catholic education to us!