Hello St. Joseph’s Families,
The kid’s excitement about the new playground is great! They are climbing, jumping, rolling on the turf, laughing, and having fun with friends. It always fills my bucket to go out to recess and experience the joy of the kids!
Important Dates to Add to your Calendar:
- Friday, September 3rd – Faculty workday – no school for students
- Monday, September 6th – Labor Day – no school
- Friday, September 10th – School Picture Day
- Wednesday, September 21st – SJPA meeting at 3:15
Living our Catholic Faith is paramount in our Mission as a Catholic school and Mass is an integral part of our faith formation. On Tuesday, September 7th, 1st, 3rd, 5th and 8th grades will attend Mass in the Cathedral – all other classes will watch the Mass live streamed into the classroom. Mass dress is required for all students and staff. Because we have made the adjustment, only half of the students are at Mass and are able to socially distance, Mass attendance is required. Parents are invited to join us at Mass.
The cross is almost finished in front of the school. It is going to look amazing! The concrete and fencing will be finished next week. Thank you for your flexibility and patience during this process.
Safety Before and After School
Traffic around St. Joseph’s before and after school is heavy. Please remember to use the crosswalks when walking your children to the school building. Thank you.
School Picture Day is Friday, Sept. 10th
- Picture orders will be online only – Pease see the bulletin for online order instructions and deadline.
- Dress code for picture day: Students may wear a school appropriate shirt or top (modesty is the key) of their choice and spirit dress bottoms (Please see the spirit dress guidelines in Handbook). Girls may wear a dress of choice, no shorter than 3 inches above the knee, if a dress is sleeveless, a sweater must be worn over the dress.
Volunteers at St. Joseph’s make a significant contribution to the functioning of our school At St. Joseph’s, there is a volunteer requirement of 25 hours per year.
We realize that logoed Mass shirts have not been delivered for many families. Please have your child wear a white, buttoned up shirt for Mass until the shirt arrives.
We will continue to monitor and adjust as needed for the health and safety of our school community. Thank you all for your support and patience as we navigate the 2021-2022 school year! Beginning Tuesday, September 7th, masks are required for all students. An opt-out is available. Please refer to the parent email sent out on September 2nd.
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Students may return to school with a note from their physician if there is a negative Covid test and an alternate diagnosis such as asthma, seasonal allergies, migraine
- Please consider the health and safety of our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – To begin the school year, all students, faculty, and staff are required to wear a mask while in the school building. The three-week mask requirement will be evaluated the week of August 30th
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance- socially distance when appropriate
Let us continue to support each other with grace, patience and understanding
Thank you for being a part of our St. Joseph’s Community!