Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
Spring Break is here! I want to wish you all a fun and restful spring break! The kids have all been working hard this week – we also had some fun with St. Patrick’s Day festivities! Third quarter report cards will be emailed home today. Please reach out to your child’s teacher with any questions about grades. Yesterday was the kick-off for Playtopia – our playground renovation! We are excited about this much needed project – stay tuned for ways that you can get involved and help move this project along.
Living our Faith
March 19th is the Feast Day of St. Joseph. Saint Joseph is the Patron of the Universal Church. Just as Saint Joseph took good care of Mary and Jesus, he also takes good care of the Church. As he once held the infant Jesus in his arms, he now holds the Catholic Church. Pray the Prayer to St. Joseph with your family tomorrow:
School prayer to St. Joseph:
Father, you entrusted our Savior to the Care of St. Joseph.
By the help of his prayer may Your Church continue
To serve its Lord, Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with You
And the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.
When we return from spring break, we will be in Holy Week. Continue your Lenten journey as we grow closer to God during this important time as Catholics! Friday, April 2nd is Good Friday – we will not have school that day. In addition, Sunday, April 4th is Easter and Easter Monday is April 5th with no school.
Tuesday, March 30th is our school Mass day with 4th and 5th grade students live in the Cathedral. Mass dress (no shorts) is required for those attending Mass in person.
- Friday, March 19th is a Teacher workday – No students
- Spring Break – March 22nd – March 26th – No School
- Uniform shorts can be worn after spring break – Monday, March 29th
- TVCS Middle School spring Sports will begin March 29th
- Friday, April 2nd is Good Friday – we will not have school that day
- Sunday, April 4th is Easter!
- Monday, April 5th is Easter Monday – we will not have school that day
News from the last two weeks – still important . . .
Great news! We do not have any students in quarantine today! This is the first time since September 14th! As we continue to evaluate our procedures put in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we will be making some adjustments. Because the numbers have gone down significantly across the country, the travel quarantine has been lifted as of Monday, March 1st. We will continue to monitor and adjust as we see best for the health and safety of our school community. Thank you all for your support and patience!
In our 10th week of second semester, we have zero positive cases of COVID-19. Thank you for helping us keep our school open and our illness numbers low.
Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s HERE.
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home – siblings must stay home as well per our safety protocols
- Please consider the health and safety or our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask – all people on our school campus must wear a mask
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance when with others
- See Illness Decision Tree for Schools
Hiring for the 2021-2022 School Year
For the 2021-2022 school year, St. Joe’s will be hiring a music teacher and Development/Marketing Director. These jobs are posted on our school website, the Diocesan website and nationally through NCEA – National Catholic Education Association. If you know of someone who would be a great fit for our school, please refer them to one of these sites.
Tuition and Fees for 2021-2022
Tuition and fees have been set for next school year:
- Fees are $400 per student
- Tuition – Practicing Catholic is $4,990 and Non-Catholic tuition is $6,328
- Our cost to educate is $6,408.84
#BravelyGiveToday ~ Fundraising Drive
As of today, our school community has donated $138,041– we are so grateful for your support! Our goal is to reach $250,000 and 100% family participation. Currently, 34% of our families have donated. Over the past few years, we have averaged about $150,000. Please give what you can during this time. Remember that monetary donations are tax deductible. In addition, we are not requiring volunteer hours this school year due to COVID-19- with this, please donate to our fundraising effort this year.
Students who are in quarantine due to COVID exposure or who have tested positive may log in to classes if that is currently offered for that grade level.
- Students who are home sick (including their siblings) may also log in as we are asking our families cooperation with this.
All other absences will be treated as regular absence and work can be completed after returning to school.
Have an amazing spring break! We look forward to the 4th quarter and finishing our school year strong!
Thank you for being a part of our St. Joseph’s Community!