Interested in being a Substitute Teacher? Please complete this Substitute Teacher Application.
All employees must take a Safe Environment Class, pass a background check and be fingerprinted prior to employment.
St. Joseph’s Catholic School is currently hiring for the following positions:
Exemption Status: Exempt
- Full-time position 7:15 am-3:15 pm daily
- Applications accepted until 12/8/17
- Start date 1/8/18
- Provide direct instruction of students and conduct instructional exercises under direct supervision of teacher, both with individual students and small groups.
- Recognize and supports the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and providing instruction assistance consistent with the teachings of the
- Catholic Church; an instructional aide may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Church
- Give evidence of lived Gospel values by being an active member of the a faith community and being open to the importance of personal faith journey; strives to model the teaching of Jesus by attitude and example
- Help build the school’s faith community by a demonstrated willingness to participate in and plan school religious and service activities
- Assist the classroom teacher with student supervision including assisting with lessons and field trip planning and related supervision
- Assist with supervision of parent helpers and compliance with safe environment
- and other school requirements
- Assist with the school lunch program and playground supervision as necessary
- Be able to communicate effectively with students; be able to help organize classroom learning and materials and field trips to motivate student learning
- Consistently and effectively assist in the evaluation of student progress
- Assist the teacher with a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image, and motivate learning
- Help to maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in all tasks assigned; display sound judgment in dress and general behavior
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements: Coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal classroom environment
Required Activities: Walking, sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, talking, handling, hearing, carrying, and keyboarding
- A working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church. If a baptized Catholic, must be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well- organized; must be a team player
- Be available for evening and weekend work as necessary
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including word processing; ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a school environment
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Previous classroom experience preferred
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
Part-time Custodian (20 hours/week)
The custodian is responsible for maintaining the school buildings and grounds. This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details and project coordination. This person must have a clear understanding of acceptable business practices in relationship to church teachings. This person must have the ability to collaborate with and support the principal, business manager, janitorial staff, staff, and students.
This position shall be directly accountable to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Email the following to Tony Quilici, principal, firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, explaining your interest in the position
- Diocesan application for Employment (link is above)
Job open until filled.
Primary responsibilities include instructing and supervising students. Hours are from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., as needed. Substitutes are paid $70 per day.
Please email a Substitute Teacher Application (link above) and a resume to Tony Quilici, principal, email@example.com, if you are interested.