Happy Thursday St. Joseph’s Families,
We hosted the St. Joseph’s State of the School Address on Tuesday. Thank you to Fr. Mariusz, Deacon Daniel, those parents, teachers, school advisory board members who were in attendance. We want to partner with our families in mission and community! We will be hosting smaller group Q & A sessions for K-5th grade parents on Tuesday, January 25th from 5:30-6:30 and a session for 6th -8th grade parents on Wednesday, January 26th from 5:30-6:30.
We have begun winter MAP testing for our 2nd-8th grade students. We test students in the morning as they are refreshed and ready to show us what they know. Please make sure your child eats a good, nutritious breakfast and gets good sleep – this helps them in all aspects of their education!
Important Dates to Add to your Calendar:
- Tuesday, January 25th – Q & A session for K-5th grade families at 5:30
- Wednesday, January 26th – Q & A session for 6th-8th grade families at 5:30
- Sunday, January 30th – Kick off Catholic Schools Week – Student let Mass at 10:00 am in the Cathedral
- January 30th – February 5th – Catholic Schools Week
Re-enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year is here! We will open the re-enrollment process next week on Wednesday, January 26th. We will send current families an email with a link to re-enroll. The completed Parental Covenant is due the same time you submit your re-enrollment. Re-enrollment for current families is due by February 11, 2022. On February 14, 2022, we will open up enrollment for all other families interested in St. Joseph’s. We currently have wait lists established in every grade level.
8th Street Updates – ACHD
ACHD is exploring improvements to 8th Street. We would like our St. Joseph’s families to help us weigh in on these options. We have had several meetings with a team from ACHD over the last two months. The concept designs they have presented will impact the flow of traffic and drop off on 8th Street for our St. Joseph’s families and will also have an impact on St. John’s Cathedral parish. Based on what we have seen, we would choose Option B as it has the least impact on our school and parish. There are also virtual Open Houses on January 27th at two different times that we can attend. Here is a link to the project.
On Tuesday, January 25th, our kindergarten, 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th grade students will attend Mass in the Cathedral – all other classes will watch the Mass live streamed into the classroom. Ms. Major’s 4th grade class is hosting Mass. Mass dress is required for all students and staff. Because we have made the adjustment, only half of the students are at Mass and are able to socially distance, Mass attendance is required. Parents are invited to join us at Mass.
St. John’s Cathedral Parish
Saturday, January 22nd is the Life Mass at the Cathedral at 11:00 followed by the March for Life. Mr. Yanci is coordinating a group of students from St Joseph’s to participate in this event. We will be partnering with the parish for the rest of the school year on student hosted parish Mass. This is a great opportunity for St. John’s parishioners to see our students involvement and participation in our faith.
We are trying to navigate through another surge in COVID cases and exposures. We have 53 students out today. Thank you for your help as we continue to work through this. For current information on COVID cases and those in quarantine, please click on this document –Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s.
Please follow these guidelines to prevent the spread of illness in our school:
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home –
- Students may return to school with a note from their physician if there is a negative Covid test and an alternate diagnosis such as asthma, seasonal allergies, migraine
- Please consider the health and safety of our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask –
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance- socially distance when appropriate
As we unite in the prayer for human life:
Thank you for choosing St. Joseph’s Catholic School for your child’s education!