Happy Thursday St. Joseph’s Families,
As we conclude National Catholic Schools week we look forward to continuing to focus on the value Catholic Education provides to our young people and its contributions to our church and our communities. We thank you for choosing St. Joseph’s Catholic School. We are grateful that your family is part of our community of faith.
There are so many benefits of attending and working in a Catholic School:
Important Dates to Add to your Calendar:
- February 4th – Faculty Work Day – No School for Students
- February 5th – First Reconciliation
- February 8th – SJPA Meeting at 3:15 pm (Cafeteria)
- February 11th – Deadline for Re-enrollment – including Completed & Signed Parental Covenant and 2022-23 Fees
- February 14th – Open Enrollment for the 2022-23 School Year Begins
- February 16th – St. Joseph’s Advisory Board Meeting 5:00 pm (Cafeteria)
- February 21st – President’s Day – No School
Re-enrollment for the 2022-2023 school year has begun! The completed and signed Parental Covenant and payment for fees is due the same time you submit your re-enrollment. The deadline for re-enrollment for current families is due by February 11, 2022. On February 14, 2022, we will open up enrollment for all other families interested in St. Joseph’s for the 2022-23 school year. We currently have wait lists established in every grade level.
8th Street Updates – ACHD
ACHD is exploring improvements to 8th Street. We would like our St. Joseph’s families to help us weigh in on these options. We have had several meetings with a team from ACHD over the last two months. The concept designs they have presented will impact the flow of traffic and drop off on 8th Street for our St. Joseph’s families and will also have an impact on St. John’s Cathedral parish. Based on what we have seen, we would choose Option B as it has the least impact on our school and parish. There are also virtual Open Houses on January 27th at two different times that we can attend. Here is a link to the project.
On Tuesday, February 8th, our Kindergarten, 2nd, 4th, 6th and 8th grade students will attend Mass in the Cathedral – all other classes will watch the Mass live streamed into the classroom. Mrs. Seidler’s 2nd grade class is hosting Mass. Mass dress is required for all students and staff. Because we have made the adjustment, only half of the students are at Mass and are able to socially distance, Mass attendance is required. Parents are invited to join us at Mass.
St. John’s Cathedral Parish
Thank you to all who were able to join us for Mass on Sunday, January 31st as we will kicked off Catholic Schools Week! We will continue to partner with our parish for the rest of the school year on student hosted parish Mass. This is a great opportunity for St. John’s parishioners to see our students’ involvement and participation in our faith.
We are trying to navigate through another surge in COVID cases and exposures. Numbers are declining slightly, we have 29 students out today. We will be sending out an update to our COVID response plan tomorrow. Thank you for your help as we continue to work through this. For current information on COVID cases and those in quarantine, please click on this document –Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s.
Please follow these guidelines to prevent the spread of illness in our school:
- If your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please keep all children home. If anyone in your family is being tested for COVID-19 keep all children home.
- If any immediate family member is experiencing any illness symptoms- keep all children home –
- Students may return to school with a note from their physician if there is a negative Covid test and an alternate diagnosis such as asthma, seasonal allergies, migraine
- Please consider the health and safety of our broader community – continue to practice our 3 W’s:
- Wear a Mask –
- Wash your hands
- Watch your distance- socially distance when appropriate
Please join us as we lift up our 2nd grade students who will be receiving the Sacrament of First Reconciliation this weekend. May our good and gracious Lord continue to guide, guard and direct each of you always.
We are grateful that your family is part of our St. Joseph’s Catholic School community!