Good afternoon St. Joseph’s Families,
I hope your family had a wonderful spring break! We are launching into 4th quarter with zeal! This is the time of year when we really see students’ growth accelerating quickly. Students work on synthesizing concepts and solidifying skills. Our teachers do such an amazing job and know their students well so they can really get the most out of each child. It is so rewarding to be part of this! We are truly blessed!
We are able to have our students participate in field trips again. The educational value of field trips is tremendous, and we are glad to be able to resume these activities.
Just a reminder – tomorrow, students do not have school – it is a teacher workday. We also have kindergarten screening for our incoming kindergarten students for next year. Our teachers will be planning for fourth quarter, we will be discussing professional development needs and beginning to schedule for the 2022-2023 school year.
Reminder: students can wear uniform shorts – except on Mass day.
Important Dates to Add to your Calendar:
- April 1st – Teacher workday – kindergarten screening
- April 4th – Reconciliation for 2nd-8th grade students in the Cathedral from 9:00-11:30
- April 8th – Live Stations of the Cross hosted by St. Joseph’s
- April 8th – TVCS Middle School Dance for 7th and 8th grade students at BK from 7:00-9:00 pm.
- April 12th – SJPA meeting at 3:15
- April 15th – Good Friday – No School
- April 17th – Easter Sunday
- April 18th – Easter Monday – No School
- April 20th– School Advisory Board Meeting at 5:00 pm
- April 23rd – Science Olympiad at Boise State University
- April 30th – First Holy Communion for 2nd graders at 11:00 am
Open Enrollment is now available for St. Joseph’s Catholic School. We will be accepting enrollment applications from now through the summer. Please share the good things we are doing at St. Joseph’s with other families – word of mouth is the best way to attract families to our amazing school.
It was so wonderful to have all students attending Mass this past week. On Tuesday, April 5th, Mrs. Weaver’s homeroom class will host Mass. Mass dress is required for all students and staff. Mass attendance is required. Parents are invited to join us at Mass.
St. John’s Cathedral Parish
St. Joseph’s is the parish school of St. John’s Cathedral. We are in partnership with St. John’s, and we appreciate their ongoing support. Together, we can continue to fulfill our mission as a Catholic school. Fr. Mariusz and Fr. Aleksander are coming into the school each week on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. We appreciate them sharing their faith with us and helping guide our students on their faith journey. Please support St. John’s Parish or other Parish where you attend.
We have had a few positive COVID cases this week. For current information on COVID cases and those in quarantine, please click on this document –Current COVID tracking information for St. Joseph’s.
Please follow the updated guidelines to prevent the spread of illness in our school:
- Please see our updated protocols in the main part of the weekly bulletin
- Good things to remember to help prevent illness:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Stay home if you are sick
Lent is set aside to help us reflect, renew, and grow in our Faith.
Thank you for your ongoing support and commitment to your child’s Catholic education!