Thank you to all who attended Mass with us this past Tuesday. Thank you to Mrs. Seibert’s eighth grade Religion class for their leadership with Mass.
Happy New Year!
May 2018 be a blessed year for you and your family. It is great to be back in school with all of the students and their energy; it is invigorating.
We hope and pray everyone had a blessed and relaxing Christmas season with their families and friends.
Welcome back everyone! We also welcome two new students to St. Joseph’s Catholic School: one in second grade and one in fifth grade (brother and sister).
Staffing: We welcome the addition of three new staff members as we return from Christmas break.
- Barbara O’Meara joins the staff as an instructional aide. She has subbed, volunteered, and served on the SJPA at St. Joseph’s. Barbara is a University of Arizona graduate. She brings a passion for students and strong faith to our St. Joseph’s community.
- Emily Major joins the staff as an instructional aide. She just finished her student teaching at Sacred Heart Catholic School in December. Emily is a 2013 Bishop Kelly graduate and a University of Idaho Graduate. Emily has experience with student intervention and coached TVCS volleyball this past fall.
- Mahmudi Haji joins the staff as a maintenance facilities member. He will work week nights after school is out. Mahmudi brings a strong work ethic and joy to our school.
Ice and Wintry Conditions
As we get milder temperatures, it can be misleading with slick areas and ice. We are doing our best to canvas grounds and remove, ice melt, and block areas for safety. As you or your students encounter areas of concern, please let us know.
Coats, Hats, Gloves
Please send your student to school each day with a heavy winter coat, hat, and gloves to keep them warm and safe from the conditions. As long as the temperatures stay above 13 degrees fahrenheit (with wind chill) we will continue to have students go outside for break and lunch. When there are freezing temperatures, as it has been, we have students without coats stay inside, and we ask students to wear and zip their coats. It is of great value for students to get outside and have breaks.
8th Grade Shadow Day at Bishop Kelly
Our 8th graders will shadow at BK on Tuesday, January 23rd from 12:10 to 2:30 p.m. Student will be bussed to and from Bishop Kelly.
Late Start Wednesday Student Yoga with Mrs. Elwer: To Be Continued
Late Start Yoga has been very well received, and we will be bringing it back in the New Year! If your student has not tried it, encourage them to give it a try. We are going to offer yoga in the gym Wednesday mornings from 7:45-8:15 in January and February. Mrs. Elwer, the k-4 PE teacher, and Mrs. Phillips, Librarian, will lead students through yoga poses to get students active and ready for the day. Students who come early on Wednesdays will have the choice to stay in the cafeteria or outside (depending the weather) or to go to the gym for yoga.
Our upcoming weekend school Masses at St. John’s Cathedral are:
- Sunday, Jan. 28 11:30 a.m. (Catholic Schools Week) ( School Choir ) 8th grade Gamboa/Seibert
- Sunday, Feb. 11 5 p.m. (Hallisey Mass) – Grant/McClure
- Sunday, March 11 10 a.m.. ( School Choir ) Weaver/Howard
- Saturday, April 28 5 p.m. 1st Communion ( School Choir ) Cammann/Seidler
- Sunday, May 20 1 p.m. (Spanish Mass) Olivares
Bravely act like a saint today!