Thank you to Mrs. Patrick’s class for their leadership with liturgy and Mass. Thank you to everyone who joined us for Mass. This week Fr. Jerry calls us to Bravely Love. Please know all are welcome each week. Everyone is invited to come join us for Mass this Saturday at 5 pm at St. John’s Cathedral. Our students will be reading and our choir will lead the music.
Lands’ End Scholarship
LANDS’ END IS GIVING BACK TO SCHOOLS WITH A $10,000 SCHOLARSHIP TO EACH WINNING STUDENT & UP TO $5,000 TO THEIR SCHOOL
Student Retake Picture Day
- We have been assured that school pictures will be returned to us prior to the retake day.
- Picture Retake day will be Friday, November 2. (This has changed from the original date, as we have not received the first copy yet.
5th/6th Grade Girls Basketball
- We are underway with 30+ girls out to play. Thank you to Mike Aldape and Kasey Montgomery for coaching and making this possible for our girls.
5th/6th Grade Boys Basketball
- The boys’ season will begin January 8th with practices. The first set of games will start the week of January 28th. The last games will finish on or before March 7th.
- Please email Tony Quilici, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in coaching. We need to have coaches in order to have a season. Thank you for considering.
Student Flu Shot
Students can get their Flu Shot at St. Joseph’s Catholic School on October 22 with parent permission. Consent forms are linked in the bulletin, and linked here. Hard copies are available in the front office.
Please send your children to school dressed appropriately for the cooling temperatures: coats, hats, gloves. With early snow in the mountains, winter does not seem to far away.
End of Quarter 1
First Quarter will end Friday, October 19 with a noon dismissal. There is no After Care.
Parent Teacher Conferences (Wednesday, October 24 4-8 pm and Thursday October 25 8am-4pm)
- Kindergarten-5th grade: You should have received an email from your student’s teacher to sign up for a time. If you have not, please reach out to the teacher so they can get a time scheduled for you. These conferences are 15 minutes.
- Middle School (grades 6-8): Link to Middle School Sign up
The middle school conferences are 30 minute allotments for parents to meet with the student’s 6-8 middle school teachers. The individual conferences will be about 3 minutes.
- Special Teachers: These teachers will be in the gymnasium. They will be available in the for parents to drop in without signing up for a time to meet with them.
- Mr. Aspiri: Music k-5, choir, and middle school music and drama
- Mrs. Elwer: PE for k-4 (Wednesday: 4-8 pm / Thursday: 8 am-2 pm)
- Mrs. Arrubarrena: Spanish k-5 (Wednesday: 4-8 pm)
- Mrs. Vietri: Spanish 1 (7th/8th grade elective) (Wed.: 4-8 pm / Thurs.: 1-4 pm)
- Mrs. Miller: Art k-5 and middle school
*If you have concerns or discover you need more than the allotted time to talk with the teacher, please make arrangements with the teacher to meet with them soon.
SafeStudents Online (More of you are signing up, thank you!)
This is for our families with students in grades 5-8. Thank you to those who have joined, and for those who have not, it is never too late. These accounts are per family, so if you have older students in high school, you can add these students as well.
This is a program that Catholic schools back East have been using for grades 5-8, and their families love it. This is to build trust between parents and students. Many of you have shared that you search through student phones, and this will do the searching for you and only alert you of worrisome material. This also hopefully addresses and concerns students have about spying on them. The goal is to coach and provide students a safer and healthier online experience and provide open communication between parents and students. The school does not get alerts; the alerts go to the parents. Please register and join us in piloting SafeStudents Online to provide a true and honest assessment of its use and application for our community. All you need to do is sit down with your student(s) and take less than 5 minutes to set it up.
Emails with access to PlusPortals have been sent. If you have not logged in, you can do so following the instructions in the email. If you have not received an email, please let Mrs. Granvall know by calling (208-342-4909) or emailing (email@example.com). There is a free app called ParentPlus that you can add to your phone.
PlusPortals has a digital directory for staff, students, and parents. Student name, homeroom, and gender are available. Parent name, email, phone, and address are available. If you do not want this information available in the school directory, select your name in the top right, select Directory Listing, uncheck to list information in the school directory.
See something, say something. I would like to remind and urge everyone if you see something out of place, please report it to the Office as soon as possible. It is much better to be safe and say something than to worry about it.
For information on our current terminology and practice, please refer to our
IDeal 529 College Savings Program funds- use them to pay for K-12 tuition!
What is a “529 plan”?
Named for Section 529 of the U.S. tax code, a 529 plan is a tax-advantaged investment plan operated by a state to encourage saving for education expenses. As there is risk when investing in a 529 account, we are required to advise readers talk to a financial advisor.
Bravely act like a Saint today!
We are blessed to have a loving and supportive community. As a Catholic community, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. When you see someone in our community going above and beyond leading by example and bravely acting like a saint, please let me know using the following link.