Thank you to everyone who celebrated Mass with us this week on Tuesday. May everyone always feel welcome to join us for our weekly Mass.
Thank you to everyone who celebrated our first weekend Mass in collaboration with St. John’s Cathedral Parish at the Saturday 5 pm Mass. Thank you to Student Council, the St. Joseph’s Catholic School Choir, Mrs. Russell, Mr. Aspiri, and Mrs. Moody.
Our upcoming weekend school Masses are:
- Sunday, November 12 8 a.m. ( School Choir ) – 3rd and 4th Grade: Skinner, Patrick, Schneider, Wiebold
- Sunday, Dec. 10 10 a.m. Yanci
- Sunday, Jan. 28 11:30 a.m. (Catholic Schools Week) ( School Choir ) 8th grade Gamboa/Seibert
- Sunday, Feb. 11 5 p.m. (Hallisey Mass) – Grant/McClure
- Sunday, March 11 10 a.m. ( School Choir ) Weaver/Howard
- Saturday, April 28 5 p.m. 1st Communion ( School Choir ) Cammann/Seidler
- Sunday, May 20 1 p.m. (Spanish Mass) Olivares
Parent Teacher Conferences: (Wednesday evening November 1 and Thursday November 2)
- Kindergarten-5th grade: At this point, times should be scheduled. If you do not have a date and time for PTC, please contact the teacher. These conferences are 15 minutes.
- Middle School (grades 6-8):The sign-up for these conferences has been emailed. If you do not have a time yet, please CLICK HERE. The middle school conferences are 30 minute allotments for parents to meet with the student’s 6-8 middle school teachers. The individual conferences will be about 3 minutes.
- Special Teachers: These teachers will be in the gymnasium. They will be available in the for parents to drop in without signing up for a time to meet with them.
- Mr. Aspiri: Music k-5, choir, and middle school music and drama
- Mrs. Elwer: PE for k-4
- Mrs. Olivares: Spanish k-5 and middle school
- Mrs. Miller: Art k-5 and middle school
*If you have concerns or discover you need more than the allotted time to talk with the teacher, please make arrangements with the teacher to meet with them again soon.
- Do you have children over the age of 7 who are not baptized and are looking to get baptized and also receive First Eucharist, and/or those children who have been baptized Catholic or in another Christian faith who want to make First Communion?
- There will be an information night on October 26, at 6:30pm in the Riffle Center so that Teresa Wittry (firstname.lastname@example.org) can meet with the parents and students to get the process started. If you have any questions, please reach out to Teresa Wittry from St. John’s Parish.
Basic information is as follows:
- WHAT: RCIC information night. (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults adapted for Children)
- WHEN: Thursday, October 26 @ 6:30pm
- WHERE: Riffle Center for Faith Formation (775 N. 8th St.)
- FOR: Parents of children who are age 7+ in need of Baptism and First Communion, and children 7+ who are baptized and did not make First Communion in Second grade. Or any children 7+ interested in becoming Catholic.
- Joe and Kari Forney’s son, Bradford Cohen Forney, will be baptised during our school Mass on 10/24. The Forneys have two students at St. Joseph’s Catholic School: Isolabella (Biz) in 1st grade and Jack in 3rd grade. This is great time for our community to celebrate the sacrament of baptism.
Derrick O’Neill will be ordained a Deacon 10/28 and the Mass will start at 11 am at St. John’s Cathedral. We invite all of our St. Joseph’s Catholic School Community to come celebrate and support soon to be Deacon O’Neill. There will 7 Deacons from throughout the state ordained.
- Consent forms for students to get flu shots at school are due Friday, October 20
- The consent form link is in the newsletter and hard copies are available at the front office.
- Shots will be given to students on Monday, October 23 from 9 am-12 pm
The hot lunch program is up and going again. Thank you everyone for your patience, volunteer support, and prayers. To see breakfast and lunch calendars click here.
Parents, many of you already do this, but please feel free to come join your student and their peers for lunch. You can now pay for lunch at the line through your student’s lunch account. All we ask, if you can, is to email Karen Page (email@example.com) for food preparation. Thank you, and please feel invited.
Apps for Phones and Devices:
- PayForIt: this is a free app for your phone that you login the same as you do online. This is an app for lunch accounts.
- ParentPlus: this is a free app for your phone and it functions just like PlusPortals. It will ask you for the school, use StJoes and it will connect with St. Joseph’s Catholic School.
Bravely act like a saint today!