Thank you to everyone who celebrated Mass with us this week. May everyone always feel welcome to join us for Mass.
Thursday and Friday October 5 and 6:
Why is there no school the next two days. These days are the state education in-service days. As Catholic Schools, we hold our own Catholic Educators Conference at Bishop Kelly. Catholic school teachers from across the state come and attend conferences. Three of our own staff members from St. Joseph’s Catholic School will be presenting.
Joe and Kari Forney’s son, Bradford Cohen Forney, will be baptised during our school Mass on 10/24. The Forneys have two students at St. Joseph’s Catholic School: Isolabella (Biz) in 1st grade and Jack in 3rd grade. This is great time for our community to celebrate the sacrament of baptism.
Derrick O’Neill will be ordained a Deacon 10/28 and the Mass will start at 11 am at St. John’s Cathedral. We invite all of our St. Joseph’s Catholic School Community to come celebrate and support soon to be Deacon O’Neill. There will 7 Deacons from throughout the state ordained.
The hot lunch program is up and going again. Thank you everyone for your patience, volunteer support, and prayers. To see breakfast and lunch calendars click here.
Parents, many of you already do this, but please feel free to come join your student and their peers for lunch. You can now pay for lunch at the line through your student’s lunch account. All we ask, if you can, is to email Karen Page (email@example.com) for food preparation. Thank you, and please feel invited.
Apps for Phones and Devices:
- PayForIt: this is a free app for your phone that you login the same as you do online. This is an app for lunch accounts.
- ParentPlus: this is a free app for your phone and it functions just like PlusPortals. It will ask you for the school, use StJoes and it will connect with St. Joseph’s Catholic School.
What do I do if my student is going to miss school?
- Please email Mrs. Granvall (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the date(s) of the absence(s) and name of the student. Please, feel free to include the teacher(s) on the email too.
Picture Day Retakes:
Thursday, October 19 from 8:30-9:30
If you would like your student to get their picture retaken:
- Please email Mrs. Granvall to get your student on the list email@example.com
- Send your student to school with the picture packet
If you would like to purchase pictures and you did not, you can order again on this day
- If your student was absent, they can get their picture take and order pictures
***Pictures should be ready soon…***
More Construction Fun:
The construction on the Hays St. steps for the Cathedral is underway. This project is expected to go into December. The sidewalk near the steps will be closed when work is being done.
The 8th St. steps are projected to start late spring/early summer and will go into the start of the 2018-2019 school year.
Bravely act like a saint today!