Thank you to Miss Seibert’s class for their leadership with liturgy and Mass today. Thank you to everyone who joined us for Mass with the Bishop. This week Bishop Peter Christensen calls us to look up to the Saints and to let go of whatever weighs us down in life. Please know all are welcome each week.
Lands’ End Scholarship
LANDS’ END IS GIVING BACK TO SCHOOLS WITH A $10,000 SCHOLARSHIP TO EACH WINNING STUDENT & UP TO $5,000 TO THEIR SCHOOL
Student Retake Picture Day, Tomorrow
- Picture Retake day will be Friday, November 2. (This has changed from the original date, as we have not received the first copy yet.
- Please bring your old pictures with you if you are getting retakes. If you missed pictures and need an order form, they are available in the front office.
5th/6th Grade Boys Basketball
- The boys’ season will begin January 8th with practices. The first set of games will start the week of January 28th. The last games will finish on or before March 7th.
- Please email Tony Quilici, email@example.com if you are interested in coaching. We need to have coaches in order to have a season. Thank you for considering.
Sponsor a Performance
Idaho Theater for Youth will be touring with two plays this year: The Magician’s Nephew and As You Like It. Each performance is $350. St. Joseph’s will also have an Actor’s Workshop for our Drama Elective students and for those students interested in drama. If you would like to sponsor a performance ($350) or workshop ($100), please let Tony Quilici (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Anita Miller (email@example.com) know.
- The Magician’s Nephew: for grades K-5 Thursday March 7 at 1 pm
- Acting Workshop: for Drama Elective Students and then fill remaining spots with those interested Thursday March 7 at 2 pm
- As You Like It: for grades 6-8 Thursday February 21 at 1:45 pm
Please send your children to school dressed appropriately for the cooling temperatures: coats, hats, gloves. With early snow in the mountains, winter does not seem to far away.
SafeStudents Online (More of you are signing up, thank you!)
This is for our families with students in grades 5-8. Thank you to those who have joined, and for those who have not, it is never too late. These accounts are per family, so if you have older students in high school, you can add these students as well.
This is a program that Catholic schools back East have been using for grades 5-8, and their families love it. This is to build trust between parents and students. The goal is to coach and provide students a safer and healthier online experience and provide open communication between parents and students. All you need to do is sit down with your student(s) and take less than 5 minutes to set it up.
See something, say something. I would like to remind and urge everyone if you see something out of place, please report it to the Office as soon as possible. It is much better to be safe and say something than to worry about it.
For information on our current terminology and practice, please refer to our
IDeal 529 College Savings Program funds- use them to pay for K-12 tuition!
What is a “529 plan”?
Named for Section 529 of the U.S. tax code, a 529 plan is a tax-advantaged investment plan operated by a state to encourage saving for education expenses. As there is risk when investing in a 529 account, we are required to advise readers talk to a financial advisor.
Bravely act like a Saint today!
We are blessed to have a loving and supportive community. As a Catholic community, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. When you see someone in our community going above and beyond leading by example and bravely acting like a saint, please let me know using the following link.