Thank to to Mrs. Seidler’s second grade class for their leadership with the Mass.
Here are some of their reflections from Mass:
- “I just feel joyful after our mass!”
- “Did you see the light come through the door as Deacon O’Neill was saying that God gives us everything?”
- “It was so great to see my mom there!”
- “Each friend had a job at mass to do.”
- “We need to be thankful because of the things we have.”
Deacon O’Neill’s homily this week calls us to let our light from God shine. At the request of a few parents his homily from this week is available by clicking HERE.
Thank you to everyone who celebrated Mass with us this week. May everyone always feel welcome to join us for our weekly Mass.
Grandparents and VIP Mass: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 8:30 am St. John’s Cathedral
We invite the Grandparents/VIPs to come to the school between 8-8:15 to join their youngest student in their classroom. We will have staff and students to assist Grandparents/VIPs to find the classrooms, with the exception of Grandparents/VIPS for kindergarten and 5th grade classes; these Grandparents/VIPS will meet their student(s) in the gym.
At 8:15 the older students who are sharing a Grandparent/VIP with a younger student will go to the younger student’s classroom or the gym.
At 8:20 the classes and Grandparents will go to the Cathedral for seating. Seating has been adjusted and only the back two rows at the back of the church will be available for guests until we get all classes and Grandparents/VIPs seated.
Mass will start at 8:30 am.
Grandparents/VIPs wanting to sit with choir students may go directly to the Cathedral and sit up by the choir (Mr. Aspiri and Mrs. Moodie will be there to assist them to find seating.)
After Mass, Grandparents and VIPs are invited back into the school with their student(s) to see the school. There will be coffee and water for our guests and tables throughout the halls with snacks.
Late Start Wednesday Student Yoga with Mrs. Elwer
As is continues to get colder, we are going to try offering yoga in the gym Wednesday mornings from 7:45-8:15. Mrs. Elwer, the k-4 PE teacher, will lead students through an activity to get students active and ready for the day. Students who come early on Wednesdays will have the choice to stay in the cafeteria or outside (depending the weather) or to go to the gym.
We will start this and pilot until Christmas on the following dates:
- 11/29 (the week we return from Thanksgiving)
Thank you to everyone for the continuous and overwhelming support of the St. Joseph’s Book Fair. The proceeds goes right back to purchasing books for our students, and the number of books purchased by families shows the community support of fostering reading. Thank you, thank you, thank you. It is awesome to be part of a community where reading is loved, valued, supported, and practiced.
Our upcoming weekend school Masses are:
- Sunday, Dec. 10 10 a.m. Yanci
- Sunday, Jan. 28 11:30 a.m. (Catholic Schools Week) ( School Choir ) 8th grade Gamboa/Seibert
- Sunday, Feb. 11 5 p.m. (Hallisey Mass) – Grant/McClure
- Sunday, March 11 10 a.m.. ( School Choir ) Weaver/Howard
- Saturday, April 28 5 p.m. 1st Communion ( School Choir ) Cammann/Seidler
- Sunday, May 20 1 p.m. (Spanish Mass) Olivares
Bravely act like a saint today!