Thank to to Mrs. Seibert and all of our students from various grades serving, reading, and leading in Mass today.
Thank you to all of our grandparents and VIPs in attendance today too! We are so blessed to yet again have a packed house. Thank to the the 6th and 7th grades for going up to the choir loft to make room for our guests.
Deacon O’Neill’s homily from today can be read following this link. He calls us to continue to be smart, brave, strong, and holy.
At this time of year, we are called and reminded to be thankful. As I make my way through every day here at St. Joseph’s I witness countless times the many things we have to be grateful for and proud of as a community. The number of people packing St. John’s Cathedral today for a school Mass can only be rivaled by the Christmas and Easter Masses. The number of guests speaks volumes of the community support our school has, thank you.
The partnership and service our school and community lead and participate with is heartwarming, touching, and I believe life changing. This week alone — from reading Christmas cards our students are drawing and writing for local homeless Veterans or Veterans at the VA Hospital to the free market middle school runs for the homeless to the joyous ear to ear smiles walking the halls with grandparents and VIPs today — I am thankful to work in such a place.
The art and writing of our St. Joseph’s Catholic School students is recently captured in the Idaho Catholic Register. To see the featured artwork, please click HERE, select View in the top left, then select Present. If this does not work, open the PDF of the email and they can be viewed in black and white.
Thanksgiving Art from both Mrs. Howard and Mrs. Marcus’s classes is currently being displayed at St. Alphonsus in the Children’s Art Hallway S7.
Thank you again to everyone who celebrated Mass with us this week. May everyone always feel welcome to join us for our weekly Mass, and may everyone have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!
Late Start Wednesday Student Yoga with Mrs. Elwer
As is continues to get colder, we are going to try offering yoga in the gym Wednesday mornings from 7:45-8:15. Mrs. Elwer, the k-4 PE teacher, will lead students through an activity to get students active and ready for the day. Students who come early on Wednesdays will have the choice to stay in the cafeteria or outside (depending the weather) or to go to the gym.
We will start this and pilot until Christmas on the following dates:
- 11/29 (the week we return from Thanksgiving)
Middle School Youth Rally:
Grades 6, 7, and 8 will be joining the middle school students from all the Treasure Valley Catholic Schools at Bishop Kelly Friday, December 1st for a Middle School Retreat. St. Joseph’s Catholic School Students will be bussed from St. Joseph’s to Bishop Kelly, and the students will be bussed back to St. Joseph’s.
- Students need to return their permission slips by Tuesday, November 28
- Students need to bring a cold sack lunch
- Students need to be at St. Joseph’s by 8 am to get on the busses, and the busses will return before school ends
Safety: Leaving the school building and after school:
- Starting Monday, 27, the Monday we return from Thanksgiving, we ask all students and families to exit the school through the main entrance; this includes the doors exiting onto Fort St. We are making this change to reduce the chance of someone entering the building. We appreciate your support to ensure student safety the best we can.
Our upcoming weekend school Masses are:
- Sunday, Dec. 10 10 a.m. Yanci
- Sunday, Jan. 28 11:30 a.m. (Catholic Schools Week) ( School Choir ) 8th grade Gamboa/Seibert
- Sunday, Feb. 11 5 p.m. (Hallisey Mass) – Grant/McClure
- Sunday, March 11 10 a.m.. ( School Choir ) Weaver/Howard
- Saturday, April 28 5 p.m. 1st Communion ( School Choir ) Cammann/Seidler
- Sunday, May 20 1 p.m. (Spanish Mass) Olivares
Bravely act like a saint today!