Thank you to all who attended Mass with us last Friday and this past Tuesday. Thank you to Mrs. Wiebold’s 4th grade class and Mrs. Weaver’s 5th grade class for their leadership in their respective Masses.
Also, thank you to all who attended Mass this past Sunday at 10 am at St. John’s Cathedral. Thank you to Mr. Yanci’s 5th grade class for their service and leadership with a Parish Mass.
Coats, Hats, Gloves
With temperatures dropping below freezing, please send your student to school each day with a heavy winter coat, hat, and gloves to keep them warm and safe from the conditions. As long as the temperatures stay above 13 degrees fahrenheit (with wind chill) we will continue to have students go outside for break and lunch. When in the mid-twenties, as it has been, we have students without coats stay inside, and we ask students to wear and zip their coats. It is of great value for students to get outside and have breaks.
We invite you to join us for our annual Christmas Concert on Tuesday, December 19th at 7:00 p.m. in the Cathedral. Come celebrate this joyous season and listen to our kindergarten through 6th graders perform. Their singing will warm your hearts!
Late Start Wednesday Student Yoga with Mrs. Elwer
Late Start Yoga has been very well received. If you haven’t tried, think about giving it a try. As is continues to get colder, we are going to offer yoga in the gym Wednesday mornings from 7:45-8:15. Mrs. Elwer, the k-4 PE teacher, and Mrs. Phillips, Librarian, will lead students through yoga poses to get students active and ready for the day. Students who come early on Wednesdays will have the choice to stay in the cafeteria or outside (depending the weather) or to go to the gym for yoga.
We have one more pilot class this Wednesday:
Safety: Leaving the school building and after school:
- We ask all students and families to exit the school through the main entrance; this includes the doors exiting onto Fort St. We are making this change to reduce the chance of someone entering the building. We appreciate your support to ensure student safety the best we can.
Our upcoming weekend school Masses at St. John’s Cathedral are:
- Sunday, Jan. 28 11:30 a.m. (Catholic Schools Week) ( School Choir ) 8th grade Gamboa/Seibert
- Sunday, Feb. 11 5 p.m. (Hallisey Mass) – Grant/McClure
- Sunday, March 11 10 a.m.. ( School Choir ) Weaver/Howard
- Saturday, April 28 5 p.m. 1st Communion ( School Choir ) Cammann/Seidler
- Sunday, May 20 1 p.m. (Spanish Mass) Olivares
Bravely act like a saint today!