Mass this week will be celebrated tomorrow on Friday, December 8. Students may wear their usual Friday St. Joseph’s Spirit Wear. Mass Friday will be celebrating the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Mass will still start at 8:30 am. May everyone always feel welcome to join us for our weekly Mass.
Mr. Yanci’s 5th grade class will be hosting the 10:00 a.m. Mass this Sunday, December 10th at the Cathedral. All are invited to join us.
Reminder, students are to wear pants after Thanksgiving. Students will be able to wear shorts again after Spring Break.
Late Start Wednesday Student Yoga with Mrs. Elwer
Late Start Yoga has been very well received. If you haven’t tried, think about giving it a try. As it continues to get colder, we are going to offer yoga in the gym Wednesday mornings from 7:45-8:15. Mrs. Elwer, the k-4 PE teacher, and Mrs. Phillips, Librarian, will lead students through yoga poses to get students active and ready for the day. Students who come early on Wednesdays will have the choice to stay in the cafeteria or outside (depending the weather) or to go to the gym for yoga.
We will continue to pilot until Christmas on the following dates:
Safety: Leaving the school building and after school:
- We ask all students and families to exit the school through the main entrance; this includes the doors exiting onto Fort St. We are making this change to reduce the chance of someone entering the building. We appreciate your support to ensure student safety the best we can.
Our upcoming weekend school Masses at St. John’s Cathedral are:
- Sunday, Dec. 10 10 a.m. Yanci
- Sunday, Jan. 28 11:30 a.m. (Catholic Schools Week) ( School Choir ) 8th grade Gamboa/Seibert
- Sunday, Feb. 11 5 p.m. (Hallisey Mass) – Grant/McClure
- Sunday, March 11 10 a.m.. ( School Choir ) Weaver/Howard
- Saturday, April 28 5 p.m. 1st Communion ( School Choir ) Cammann/Seidler
- Sunday, May 20 1 p.m. (Spanish Mass) Olivares
Bravely act like a saint today!