Happy Thursday St. Joseph’s Families,
Happy Valentine’s Day tomorrow!
I have been conducting teacher observations and evaluations since the second week in January. It is one on my favorite things to do as a principal – other than experience “joy” at recess! I go into each classroom and observe a lesson; I get to see all the amazing things our teachers do and I also observe the engagement of the students and the great things they are learning. It is truly a privilege to observe the care, hard work and dedication that our teachers bring each day. We are so blessed to have such an amazing faculty and staff!!
We have an SJPA meeting on Tuesday, February 18th after school and a St. Joseph’s School Advisory Board meeting on Wednesday, February 19th at 5:00 PM. For your information, the agenda will be included in our newsletter the Thursday before the meeting.
St. Joseph’s Principal
Important News from Last Week:
EXCITING NEWS! St. Joseph’s Playtopia! St. Joseph’s will be renovating our current playground – we will be adding some much needed safety features and completely changing the play area for our students. This project will take place over the summer of 2020. We are starting a capital campaign to pay for this upgrade. I will be sending more specific information in an email soon. We are so excited to embark on this much needed renovation!!
Morning Drop Off – Student Safety
Just a reminder, the space in front of the cathedral is for drop-off only. Please do not park there from 7:30 – 8:05.
Enrollment for returning families. You should have received a re-enrollment email. Re-enrollment will take place until February 23rd – Open enrollment begins on Monday, February 24th. As discussed in the State of the School address on Tuesday, January 28th, tuition for the 2020-2021 school year for Catholic students whose families are actively participating in a parish community will be $5,000 and non-Catholic students will be $6500.
There have been a couple of changes to our school calendar:
- School Open House for prospective families is the morning of Tuesday, February 25th.
- We will not have a late start on Wednesday, February 26th as it is Ash Wednesday. We will be attending Mass at 8:30 that morning – Parents are invited to join us as we begin the Lenten Season.
- We will not have Mass on Tuesday, February 25th because of Ash Wednesday Mass.
- The Hallisey Basketball Tournament is Friday, February 28th – Sunday, March 1st. As a result of this, we will have an early release on Friday, February 28th at 2:00.
- We have our Hallisey Mass which is hosted by our students on Sunday, February 25th at 5:00 PM.
- Students will not have school on Monday, March 2nd – we will have a teacher in-service that day.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns – my door is always open.
Thank you for your commitment to your child’s Catholic Education and being a part of our St. Joseph’s Catholic School community! We are truly blessed to be able to share our faith in a safe and caring environment in partnership with St. John’s Parish!!