It is hard to believe that we are already half way through the 3rd quarter. Please check your child’s grades on our PlusPortals system as end of 3rd quarter -March 13th – will be here before we know it!! On Sunday, February 23rd at 5:00 PM, we have our student led Mass- we hope you can join us. Also, Ash Wednesday is coming up next week. You are invited to join us in worship and community at our school Mass as we begin the Lenten season.
Enrollment for returning families. We are nearing the end of our re-enrollment window- thank you to those of you who have already enrolled your child/children for the 2020-2021 school year! If you haven’t yet re-enrolled your child/children, please do so before February 25th to guarantee your spot. Open enrollment begins on Tuesday, February 25th for our new kindergarten students and others who want to be part of the St. Joseph’s community. If you have a child beginning kindergarten this Fall and you have not registered them, please reach out to Annie Granvall email@example.com as soon as possible. We have a limited number of spots in each grade level and a waiting list in several of our classes.
Throughout the last month, I have been conducting teacher observations and evaluations. It is one of my favorite things to do as a principal – other than experience “joy” at recess! I go into each classroom and observe a lesson; I get to see all the amazing things our teachers do and I also observe the engagement of the students and the great things they are learning. It is truly a privilege to observe the care, hard work and dedication that our teachers bring each day. We are so blessed to have such an amazing faculty and staff!!
St. Joseph’s Principal
Important News from Last Week:
EXCITING NEWS! St. Joseph’s Playtopia! St. Joseph’s will be renovating our current playground – we will be adding some much needed safety features and completely changing the play area for our students. This project will take place over the summer of 2020. We are starting a capital campaign to pay for this upgrade. I will be sending more specific information in an email soon. We are so excited to embark on this much needed renovation! You can learn more at https://www.stjoes.com/playtopia/
Morning Drop Off – Student Safety
Just a reminder, the space in front of the cathedral is for drop-off only. Please do not park there from 7:30 – 8:05.
There have been a couple of changes to our school calendar:
- School Open House for prospective families is the morning of Tuesday, February 25th.
- We will not have a late start on Wednesday, February 26th as it is Ash Wednesday. We will be attending Mass at 8:30 that morning – Parents are invited to join us as we begin the Lenten Season.
- We will not have Mass on Tuesday, February 25th because of Ash Wednesday Mass.
- The Hallissey Basketball Tournament is Friday, February 28th – Sunday, March 1st. As a result of this, we will have an early release on Friday, February 28th at 2:00.
- We have our Hallissey Mass which is hosted by our students on Sunday, February 25th at 5:00 PM.
- Students will not have school on Monday, March 2nd – we will have a teacher in-service that day.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns – my door is always open.
Thank you for your commitment to your child’s Catholic Education and being a part of our St. Joseph’s Catholic School community! We are truly blessed to be able to share our faith in a safe and caring environment in partnership with St. John’s Parish!!