Hello to all St. Joseph’s Families,
A big Welcome to our St. Joseph’s families as we begin the 2019-2020 school year! We are starting our 119th year as a school and continuing the legacy and traditions of St. Joseph’s Catholic School.
I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little about myself. I am excited to be named the next principal of St. Joseph’s Catholic School. I am a career educator and taught English for many years before becoming a school administrator. I have been an administrator of Catholic Schools for the past nine years.
My faith is strengthened each day through prayer and having the amazing opportunity to work in a Catholic school setting with faith-filled faculty and amazing students and their families! Serving at St. Joseph’s will allow me to continue on my faith journey and my commitment to education! I am married to my wonderful husband Mike and we are blessed with an incredible son, Joseph who currently attends Bishop Kelly. Joe attended St. Joe’s in middle school and he had a great experience there. He still speaks very fondly of his middle school teachers.
I look forward to serving the St. Joe’s community; the faculty and staff, students, parents, pastor and school board members. It is a true privilege to be here. Together, we can continue to continue the traditions and strengthen all that St. Joseph’s Catholic School has to offer.
Here are some important upcoming events where I hope to meet all of our parents and students.
- School Supply Drop off and popsicle social on August 16th from 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- Back to School Night on August 27th from 6:00 – 8:00 PM.
We have two new faculty members this year- Please join me in welcoming:
- Cynthia Vieira will be our new second grade teacher and
- Kimberly Anderson will be our new art teacher.
- David Maxwell will be the K-5 PE teacher and athletic director for St. Joseph’s sports teams and sports.
St. Joseph’s has a great reputation for Academic Excellence. In an effort to continuously improve, we are changing a few things from last year; these things were implemented at the end of the school year. I have been working with the faculty already this summer on solidifying these changes.
- 7 Period Day: one less class, longer classes for more direct instruction, longer lunch for students
- Electives for 6-8th Grade: new electives – including the 6th grade in this rotation. This has proven to be a bit challenging but we will continue to work with teachers and students for best placement and scheduling.
- Literacy Block Pilot in First Grade: 90 minute block with 5 stations to best meet student needs and grow literacy and comprehension levels even more than we do now.
St. Joseph’s Advisory School Board
- Please welcome Gary Martinez (parent of a first grade student) to the school board.
- School Advisory Board Meeting is Monday, August 12th at 5:00 PM in the library
I want to let you know that my door is always open to address any questions or concerns you might have. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call and set up a time for us to meet. Thank you for your commitment and investment in your child’s/children’s education.