About St. Joe’s
Since 1900, St. Joseph’s Catholic School has provided an excellent Catholic education to countless area students. Educating 400 students annually in grades kindergarten through eighth, St. Joseph’s is the cathedral school of the diocese, affiliated with The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist and located on the same campus in Boise, Idaho.
St. Joseph’s School recognizes the student as a dynamic person who grows and learns spiritually, academically, socially, and physically from one grade level to the next preparing them to become upstanding citizens in our society. St. Joseph’s offers a strong and challenging curriculum in all grade levels that expertly prepares the students for continued education. Catholic beliefs, prayer, service, and social behavior are infused into every aspect of the curriculum in order to build the Catholic identity of each student.
A Look at St. Joe’s – The Facts & Figures
- Grades K-8.
- Average class size is 20-24 students, with two classes of each grade.
- Uniform dress code.
- School day hours 8:00 am to 3:00 pm with supervision beginning at 7:35 am and ending at 3:15 pm.
- After school care available.
- Office hours 7:45 am to 3:30 pm.
- Weekly all school Mass at St. John’s with participation by students of all denominations.
- Individual and class community service requirements.
- Teachers have an average of 13 years of experience.
- All full-time faculty are certified by the Idaho Department of Education.
- Healthy breakfast, snack and hot lunch offerings including a salad bar.
- Full curriculum including art, music, physical education, after school sports etc.
- Science lab is one of the most modern elementary/middle school lab in the city — public or private.
- One of the best elementary libraries in the state with over 15,000 online publications available.
- Individual classrooms K-8 are equipped with Google Chromebooks. Students have 1 to 1 technology access.
- Art room staffed with a certified teacher and includes a pottery wheel and kiln.
- Spanish taught as part of the regular K-5 curriculum.
- Many sports, music, academic and other extracurricular activities offered.
- One of the largest elementary/middle school gyms in the city.
- Middle school students offered a variety of electives.
- All staff and volunteers must have a background check and complete a Safe Environment Workshop.
- Beautiful, historical, downtown location convenient to many work places and residences.
- As Idaho’s first parochial school, St. Joseph’s has served the children of Idaho and their families continuously since 1900.
- Founded in 1868 in Idaho City by the Sisters of Holy Cross.
- St. Joseph’s is fully accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association.