The St. Joseph’s Catholic School Board is advisory to the Cathedral Rector and the Principal. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, long-range planning, formulating policy, approving the budget, and evaluating the Principal. The School Board is not an administrative body – school administration is the job of the Principal.
Role of School Board Members:
- Understand and embrace the mission of the school.
- Undertake long-range strategic planning for the school.
- Evaluate progress annually and update the plan regularly and as needed.
- Provides input to the Rector on Personnel issues.
- Assist the principal in formulating strategies to realize enrollment goals.
- Develop a three- to five-year financial plan for the school.
- Be accountable for fiscal viability of the school.
- Prepare and present capital budgets for approval.
- Work with the parish to manage implementation of capital projects.
- Develop and implement school marketing/public relations program and assist with recruitment and retention plans.
- Participate in the principal selection process.